Nuffnang

Monday 10 September 2012

My Glycemic Control

Last Saturday i went for my usual Diabetic Check Up.. and got my result last night.. I am very surprise that my Glycemic Status (HBA1C) has drop to 6.9 H %. That is my best result so far.. For your info the HBA1C for  Non Diabetic is between 4.5 - 6.4 and my result is so close to 6.4.. I am currently in Optimal status that falls between 6.5 - 7.0.. My doctor is very very satisfied with my result..


For those Diabetic patience out there, please don't give up, stick to your sugar free diet and exercise regularly. Let me share with everyone my diet. Cinnamon is the main champion to my new diabetic diet..

How Cinnamon can benefit Diabetic (Taken from Dr Joseph Mercola)
1. Cinnamon can increase your glucose metabolism about 20-fold, which significantly improves blood sugar regulation. (4)
2. Cinnamon has been found to have "insulin-like effects" due to a bioactive compound, qualifying it as a candidate for an insulin substitute.
3. Cinnamon slows the emptying of your stomach to reduce sharp rises in blood sugar following meals, and improves the effectiveness, or sensitivity, of insulin.
4. Cinnamon actually enhances your antioxidant defenses. A study published in 2009 stated, "Polyphenols from cinnamon could be of special interest in people who are overweight with impaired fasting glucose since they might act as both insulin sensitizers and antioxidants." (5)
5. A bioflavonoid found in cinnamon called proanthocyanidin may alter the insulin-signaling activity in your fat cells.


Here is my daily simple Diet 

My Breakfast Menu:
1) Oat Meal with banana or fruit muesli and garnish with cinnamon powder
2) Wheatbix with banana or fruit muesli, top up with sugarless soya milk and garnish with cinnamon powder
3) Wholemeal bread with ham and sprinkle with cinnamon powder

My Lunch Menu:
1) Yong Tau Ho Soup with Noodle
2) Subway's Cold Cut Trio on Hearty Italian or Wrap
Sometime i will eat anything i want for lunch but try to avoid rice and other too starchy stuffs

My Dinner Menu:
1) Brown Rice
Any dishes will do, but try to eat more veg like broccoli, lady finger etc.

My Dessert Menu:
1) Chopped mixed fruits with mixed cocktail nuts, dress in non-sweeten plain yogurt and garnish with cinnamon powder 
2) Sliced apples and sprinkle with cinnamon powder

Of course i exercise twice to once a week.. Swimming, weight training and cycling.  If it work for me it might work for you.. My next steps is to maintain my  Glycemic Status (HBA1C) level as close to 6.4 as possible..


No comments:

Post a Comment