Nuffnang

Sunday 20 May 2012

Mt Bromo Trip

Hey ya, i still have not done with my Surabaya Trip.. I am going to show you the BEST.. We wake up early in the morning at 6am for our trip to Mt Bromo to catch the magnificent sunrise.. Then we took the 4WD Jeep to the crater volcanic desert and track up to the crater of the volcano.. There were lots of horseman with their horses, touting us to ride their horse up the crater.. I did that 15 yrs ago, so this time i set up my mind to walk all the way up. It took me about 20 mins walk long the hard volcanic desert to the slope of the crater.. The most difficult part was the soft volcanic slope, we have to climb before reaching the foot of the crater.. Many of them give up and hop on the horse.. But i keep pushing myself.. I know i sure can make it.. It is like walking on the soft sand beach, but heading up hill.. each step onto the volcanic ask sink my foot down.. Reach the foot of the crater and i was breathing hard, as the air is thin.. right in front of me is the 255 steps of stairs.. Yup stairways to heaven.. slowly, step by step, i climb, physically fatigue and mentally pushing myself hard .. And finally i MADE IT.. 

The volcanic crater is very narrow and crowded with people, one wrong step could end up into the mouth of the volcano, direct shot cut to hell...
That me, eager and energetic to try that Mt Bromo.

Horses for rent.

This is where we are heading.. Straight ahead guys..

Scenic along the way..

Nice scenery

 Looking back, the long trail i have covered.. now ready for the climb..

The end of the sandy slope.. here is where all the horses will bring you. the rest of the journey is on your own..

The 255 step up the Mt Bromo Crater..



 

No comments:

Post a Comment